There are several thousand and more drugs on the market for psychiatric illnesses.
Like my title suggests, some are good and some are not so good. What I may find therapeutic and mood enhancing, others might find increase their anxiety, insomnia and disrupt their heart rate.
Its very important I point out that I am not a doctor, psychiatrist or anyone in the medical profession.
My experiences on the drugs I mention might influence you and if they do, i hope you have every success on them. If some of the medication mentioned i have not taken before then please ask your GP or someone experienced in pharmaceuticals.
Types of Medication
Antidepressants
Antipsychotics
Beta Blockers
Benzodiazepines
Non benzodiazepine drugs (Z drugs)
Stimulants (amphetamines)
While I have not seen drinking of any therapeutic value I know alot of people find it eases their anxiety or depression while mixed with other antidepressants or benzodiazepines
As with everything, mixing alcohol with psychiatric drugs is just as risky as mixing such with illicit drugs like cocaine, heroin and methamphetiamines.
If you are able to do so, then its at your own risk and since I do not personally drink, i am not going to mention alcohol or cigarettes in terms of therapy because i have not experienced these as means of self medicating, there are plenty of other people online who have and would be happy to help you out.

No comments:
Post a Comment